Benefits of breastfeeding:
- your breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby,
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases,
- breastfeeding provides health benefits for you,
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it, and
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby.
Health benefits of breastfeeding for your baby
- infections, with fewer visits to hospital,
- diarrhoea and vomiting,
- sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS),
- childhood leukaemia,
- type 2 diabetes,
- obesity, and
- cardiovascular disease in adulthood.